This material is intended for caregivers of those with a moderate, severe or penetrating TBI.
This module is all about the caregiver. It offers tips on how to organize life as a caregiver and encourages caregivers to take care of themselves during this stressful time.
- How to manage caregiving (Chapter 1)
- How to organize medical and military records (Chapter 2)
- Becoming an advocate (Chapter 3)
- How to avoid caregiver burnout (Chapter4)
- Building a support network (Chapter 7)
- Legal options available to help the caregiver plan for the future (Chapter 10)
To see additional interactive educational tools, please visit the Center for Excellence in Medical Multimedia, our multimedia partner for the Family Caregiver Guide. The CEMM, which created www.traumaticbraininjuryatoz.org, is a dynamic initiative from the Office of the Surgeon General, supplying award-winning interactive multimedia for patient education throughout the Military Health System.