Members of the press who have questions or would like to interview a DVBIC expert, should contact Mr. Gary Arasin at 301-295-7678.
Request a Speaker
DVBIC has a number of subject matter experts who are available to speak at public events. Requests for DVBIC speakers can be made via the Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury.
DVBIC News & Announcements
- New Email Addresses for Deployed TBI Consultation Service, ANAM Metrics (March 27, 2015)
- DoD A Head for the Future Initiative Increases Brain Injury Awareness, Prevention and Recovery (March 23, 2015)
- DOD TBI Center Nominated for Medical Excellence Award (Oct. 9, 2014)
- New Parent’s Guide For Returning Your Child To School After Concussion Released (Sept. 4, 2014)
- DVBIC And DCoE Conduct Traumatic Brain Injury Global Synapse Conference (Sept. 3, 2014)
- New Clinical Recommendations To Treat Sleep Problems Following A Concussion Released (June 25, 2014)
- New Traumatic Brain Injury Awareness, Education and Prevention Initiative Announced (March 26, 2014)
- Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) Brain Injury Awareness Month Kick-Off Event at Fort Belvoir (March 6, 2014)
- DVBIC National Director Speech at Brain Injury Awareness Month Kickoff Event (March 6, 2014)
- New Clinical Recommendations Released for Traumatic Brain Injuries (Jan. 22, 2014)
- New "Back to School" Guide Aims to Aid Service Members, Veterans After Traumatic Brain Injury (Oct. 31, 2013)
- Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center Welcomes New National Director (Sept. 4, 2013)
- New Report Summarizes Structure and Implementation of DVBIC Care Coordination Program, Supports Recent Actions to Restructure (Aug. 28, 2013)
- March is Brain Injury Awareness Month (March 5, 2013)
- Announcement from National Director Col. Jamie Grimes (Sept. 4, 2012)
DVBIC in the News
- DVBIC Deputy Director Kathy Helmick featured in Fulfilling Patient Needs is Top Priority for Military Brain Injury Center's Deputy Director – Military Health System (March 19, 2015)
- DVBIC subject matter experts featured in Mindfulness-Based Approaches to Traumatic Brain Injuries – Social Work Today (November/December 2014)
- Kathy Helmick and Dr. Therese West, Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center – Federal News Radio (July 3, 2014)
DVBIC has published the final edition of its Brainwaves newsletter. If you would like to read previous editions, please click on the following PDF links.