TBI Global Synapse Town Hall: Your TBI Information Connection
Nov. 20, 2013; 2:30-4 p.m. (ET)
In August 2013, DVBIC presented “Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Global Synapse: A Summit without Borders,” a ground-breaking virtual multidisciplinary training event for the Departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs and Military Health System health care providers. In this webinar, a panel of presenters will answer selected questions, plus additional questions submitted during the webinar relating to the assessment and screening of TBI; symptom management – pain, headache, sleep disturbance; management of the complex patient; and the role of rehabilitation therapy.
Webinar participants will learn to:
- Articulate the incidence of mild TBI and persistent post-concussion symptoms
- Identify evidence-based strategies for symptom management in various clinical settings
- Discuss resources and education tools used to develop an interdisciplinary treatment plan
- Explain strategies for patients to overcome obstacles to successful reintegration
- Promote the expectation of recovery in the acute phase of recovery from concussion
Continuing education is not available for this event.