TBI Global Synapse Town Hall: Your TBI Information Connection
DVBIC Webinar Series: Hot Topics in Traumatic Brain Injury
Date/Time: Nov. 20, 2013; 2:30-4 p.m. (EST)
In August 2013, DVBIC presented “Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Global Synapse: A Summit without Borders,” a ground-breaking virtual multidisciplinary training event for the Departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs and Military Health System health care providers. In this webinar, a panel of presenters will answer selected questions, plus additional questions submitted during the webinar relating to the assessment and screening of TBI; symptom management – pain, headache, sleep disturbance; management of the complex patient; and the role of rehabilitation therapy.
Webinar participants will learn to:
- Articulate the incidence of mild TBI and persistent post-concussion symptoms
- Identify evidence-based strategies for symptom management in various clinical settings
- Discuss resources and education tools used to develop an interdisciplinary treatment plan
- Explain strategies for patients to overcome obstacles to successful reintegration
- Promote the expectation of recovery in the acute phase of recovery from concussion
Listen to full webinar:
Continuing education is not available for this event.
To receive webinar announcements, sign up for email updates at https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USMHSDCOE/subscriber/new.
Following the webinar, please complete the 2013 Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) Webinar Series Comment Card. This questionnaire allows you to tell us more about your awareness and satisfaction with the 2013 DVBIC Webinar Series.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.