This material is intended for caregivers of those with a moderate, severe or penetrating TBI.
The Caregiver’s Companion is a separately bound publication that the caregiver can carry in the backpack that comes with the Guide. It contains information that may be needed on a daily basis in the hospital or rehabilitation center.
The Companion contains:
- A glossary of medical and TBI terms
- U.S. military ranks
- List of military terms
- Blank diagrams of the brain
- Blank forms to use for writing down key information
- Plastic sleeves to keep business cards
- Plastic sleeves to keep discs of medical scans and tests
To see additional interactive educational tools, please visit the Center for Excellence in Medical Multimedia, our multimedia partner for the Family Caregiver Guide. The CEMM, which created www.traumaticbraininjuryatoz.org, is a dynamic initiative from the Office of the Surgeon General, supplying award-winning interactive multimedia for patient education throughout the Military Health System.