Fort Campbell and surrounding community
The DVBIC Fort Campbell site supports the national DVBIC mission by providing TBI education, clinical care and research services to the region’s active-duty, reserve, Guard and community populations.
The Intrepid Spirit’s primary mission is clinical care. It functions as a portal for the most complex patients to access interdisciplinary assessment and intensive outpatient rehabilitation with behavioral health and mild traumatic brain injury as dual centers of gravity. This includes treatment for mild TBI, behavioral health, pain management, addictions medicine, musculoskeletal rehabilitation, and warrior transition units. The Intrepid Spirit serves as the interdisciplinary, integrated, holistic and collaborative assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation program for patients with complex, co-morbid medical conditions, particularly those with posttraumatic stress disorder and post-concussive symptoms. The center also houses a sleep clinic as well as a chiropractic and neurology clinic.
The Intrepid Spirit team partners with the Department of Veterans Affairs to ensure continuity of long-term care. The team integrates existing TBI and behavioral health programs, facilitating enhanced capability, collaboration and synchronization across multiple service lines to help enhance existing programs. The TBI clinic provides intensive TBI therapy.
Education and Outreach
- Outreach to Fort Campbell and the local community
- Community awareness and prevention
- Patient and family education
- Health care provider education
- Professional and ancillary staff education
- College faculty, staff and student workshops
- Veteran events
- Social media and other public TBI awareness campaigns
- Command briefs
- Brain Injury Awareness month campaign
- Education at pre-and-post-deployment briefs and ANAM screenings