This material is intended for caregivers of those with a moderate, severe or penetrating TBI.
This module describes the brain and how its function is affected by TBI.
- Basics of TBI and recovery (Chapter 1)
- Anatomy of the brain (Chapter 2)
- How TBI can affect many physical, cognitive, communication, and behavioral functions (Chapter 2)
- Glasgow Coma Scale and the Rancho Los Amigos Scale (Chapter 4)
- Potential complications (Chapter 5)
- Uniqueness of the recovery process (Chapter 6)
To see additional interactive educational tools, please visit the Center for Excellence in Medical Multimedia, our multimedia partner for the Family Caregiver Guide. The CEMM, which created www.traumaticbraininjuryatoz.org, is a dynamic initiative from the Office of the Surgeon General, supplying award-winning interactive multimedia for patient education throughout the Military Health System.