DVBIC offers training opportunities and resources along the care continuum of TBI management from prevention to recovery for military and civilian health care providers. These training’s are free and some offer continuing education credit.
Web-based trainings are offered for military and civilian health care providers to examine TBI topics including definition, pathophysiology, assessment and treatment.
Management of Headache Interactive Provider Training
The Headache interactive Provider Training (iPT) is an online course presenting guidance to Military Health System (MHS) providers in evaluating and managing post-traumatic headaches (PTH) as defined in DVBIC’s Management of Headache Following Concussion clinical recommendation. It was developed by conducting evidence-based reviews, analyzing the applicability of current clinical practice guidelines (CPGs), and soliciting the input of a multidisciplinary panel of experts.
Launch the Headache interactive Provider Training (iPT) online course
Management of Sleep Disturbances Following Concussion/Mild TBI Training
This interactive training, which is part of the Management of Sleep Disturbances Following Concussion/Mild TBI Clinical Recommendation suite, guides primary care providers in the assessment and management of sleep disturbances following mild traumatic brain injury (TBI) in non-deployed and deployed settings. Continuing education credit is currently unavailable for this course.
Launch the Clinical Provider Training for Managing Sleep Disturbances Following Concussion
Cognitive Rehabilitation for Service Members and Veterans Following Mild to Moderate Traumatic Brain Injury Training
This virtual training provides guidance on the clinical recommendation and associated web tool through a collaboration between DVBIC and the Veterans Health Administration Employee Education System, VHA Train. Continuing education units are offered for occupational therapists, speech language pathologists* and psychologists. DoD providers must set up a VHA TRAIN account to take the training, learn how here.
*Participants interested in ASHA credit may print a general certificate of participation at the end of the course and submit directly to their ASHA/CE broker for credit.
Training Slides for Clinical Recommendations
DVBIC provides complementary training slides for our clinical recommendations on the treatment of mild TBI. The training slides provide a comprehensive overview of the use of the clinical recommendation, and include knowledge tests and case studies to further educate providers on the appropriate use of the clinical recommendation. Training slides for the following clinical recommendations are available for download:
- ICD-10 Coding Guidance for TBI
- Management of Headache Following Concussion/Mild TBI
- Management of Sleep Disturbances Following Concussion/Mild TBI
- Progressive Return to Activity Following Acute Concussion/Mild TBI: Guidance for the Primary Care Manager in Deployed and Non-Deployed Settings
- Progressive Return to Activity Following Acute Concussion/Mild TBI: Guidance for the Rehabilitation Provider in Deployed and Non-Deployed Settings
- Neuroimaging Following Mild TBI in the Non-Deployed Setting
- Assessment and Management of Visual Dysfunction Associated with Mild TBI
- Assessment and Management of Dizziness Associated with Mild TBI
- Neuroendocrine Dysfunction Screening Post Mild TBI Recommendation
MACE 2 Training Materials
- MACE 2 Provider Training
- MACE 2 Instructor Guide
- MACE 2 Student Workbook
- Vestibular/Ocular-Motor Screening (VOMS) for Concussion Instructions
Concussion Management Tool (CMT) Training Materials